Holy Cross Catholic School’s Preschool Program for 3 & 4 Year Olds
We pride ourselves on offering an early childhood learning environment for three and four year olds that is academically rich and developmentally appropriate. Our students are part of a Catholic community that is safe and nurturing. Children learn essential school readiness skills through a variety of experiences that includes daily focus on literacy, early math skills, large and fine motor development, outdoor play, imaginative play, and social/emotional development.
We utilize the research-based Childcare Education Institute’s Pinnacle Curriculum in our program, which offers the following:
- Developmentally appropriate activities that adhere to early childhood education industry standards
- Clearly stated learning objectives to help facilitate learning in all domains
- Flexible programming to accommodate varied learning styles
- Carefully selected themes that capture children’s interest
- Long-range goals linked to Key Standards
- Suggestions to enrich childhood developmental milestones based on research
- Interactive activities that help children develop a love for learning while they are growing, playing, and having fun
We also utilize the Second Step curriculum to foster development for social emotional learning (SEL). Second Step uses a holistic approach to building supportive communities for every child through social-emotional learning activities and lessons.
Holy Cross Preschool is centered on the belief that the needs of young children are best met through a developmental approach to learning. It provides balanced opportunities for children to learn from interactions with both adults and peers, as well as many different materials and activities that take place in God’s world. Children are all gifts from God, and are accepted the way they are physically, academically, socially, and emotionally in their current stage of development. We do our best to build upon this foundation in order to grow in all of these areas.
STAFF AND LICENSING
Holy Cross Preschool is licensed by the State of Michigan. A state licensing agent visits the classroom each year, with licensing renewal every two years.
All sessions in which enrollment is above ten students are staffed by a state approved teacher and assistant. The teacher meets all professional requirements for early childhood education. Both the teacher and the assistant are employed by Our Lady on the River parish. Background checks and fingerprinting are done on all employees of the Holy Cross Preschool.
- All children MUST have reached the age of 3 years.
- All children MUST be in compliance with the State of Michigan health policies.
- All children MUST be toilet-trained.
We offer 2, 3, and 5 day options – full and half-days
Drop-Off is 7:30am-8:30am
Full-Day ends at 3:00pm
Half-Day ends at 11:00am
Our preschool program follows a typical school calendar – September through May.